By 2020, millennials will make up half of the workforce and baby boomers, Gen X, Gen Y and Gen Z will make up the other half.
“You can focus on things that are barriers, or you can focus on scaling the wall…” – Tim Cook
To accomplish our professional and personal goals, we will all need to get along. This module provides a framework by describing the generations and their prevailing attitudes. It addresses one of the greatest dangers of compromised communication between the generations, “brain drain,” what happens when experienced employees leave and take their institutional knowledge with them. This module offers a template for best practices for employers and employees to ensure all are doing their parts to create and uphold respect and communication across generations.
Participants will learn:
- How the generations are defined and what they value
- How respect is defined by the different generations
- The major sticking points between the generations
- How to challenge blind spots that may be getting in the way of relationship success
- How to prepare for and mitigate the potential effects of “brain drain”