Success in the today’s multi-cultural professional arena requires more than just being an expert on one’s own culture.
Whether we are interacting with international clients or colleagues, to demonstrate inclusivity and stay competitive, we must have an understanding of others’ cultures. Unfamiliarity with cultural differences can easily sabotage otherwise promising relationships and careers.
Protocol Advisors, Inc. offers a unique customized half-day or full-day seminar, designed to address the culture(s) of interest to you as it compares to the business culture of the United States.
“I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world.” – Aristotle
While any employee would benefit from this program, it is especially critical knowledge for:
- International business travelers
- Executives and executive staff
- Sales and marketing professionals
- Visitor Center staff
- Employees who work with colleagues or clients from other cultures
Attendees will learn:
- The Importance of International Protocol
- What is Culture?
- High- and Low-Context Cultures
- How Cultures Differ
- Value Systems
- Formalities: Greetings, Titles and Forms of Address
- Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Decision-Making Practices
- Negotiation Styles
- Business Dining and Entertaining
- Business Dress
- Business Gift-Giving
- Pace of Business
- A World of Difference: A Comparison of U.S. & Other Business Cultures
- How to Prepare an International Protocol Briefing