This module takes a comprehensive look at the importance of business dining for building relationships and burnishing brands.
“The world was my oyster, but I used the wrong fork.” – Oscar Wilde
From extending invitations to seating arrangements, ordering, using the silverware, crystal, china, and napkins, handling difficult situations, toasting and tipping, every element of the business dining and entertaining experience is detailed. Readers will learn and polish skills, developing confidence to take advantage of all of the rewards business dining and entertaining offer.
This seminar includes a “Dining Skills Tutorial”
Participants will learn:
- The importance of “breaking bread” for establishing trust and showing respect
- The ways in which our dining skills are on display everyday
- Host and guest duties
- Posture and position
- Napkin placement and use
- Dining decorum: toasting and conversation
- Handling difficult situations
- Table settings
- Using the china, crystal and silver
- How to eat (almost) everything
- Dining Dos and Don’ts
- An introduction to wine
- Informal business entertaining: coffee, in-office, sporting events, drinks, etc.
- Handling the bill and tipping